Ready, set, shoot! (Attention to all PHOTO ENTHUSIASTS)
Join the DA-PCC’s Photo Contest for National Women’s Month 2020 and win as much as Php20,000!
Photos must capture the essential and active role being played by women in the carabao-based enterprise development and the “Ani at Kita” tagline of the Department of Agriculture
• Contest Duration
PCC will accept entries from February 14 to March 15, 2020
• Who can join?
The contest is open to all amateur Filipino photo enthusiasts. Employees of PCC including their relatives up to second degree of affinity or consanguinity are not qualified to join the contest.
• Submission of Entries:
1. Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of two entries only.
2. Participants must submit photos to email@example.com
3. PCC will only accept entries submitted via email. Those that will be submitted through other means will be automatically disqualified.
4. Entries to be submitted should include the following details:
4.1 Name, sex, age, mailing address, contact number and occupation
4.2 Caption for the photo, which must be accurate and complete enough to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken
4.3 Place where the photo was taken (barangay, town/municipality/city, province, region)
4.4 Date when it was taken
4.5 Camera used
5. File name of photos should be pattern in this format: SURNAME_ENTRY NUMBER Sample: DE LA CRUZ_1 or DE LA CRUZ_2
6. Deadline of submission of entries is on March 15, 2020, 5PM
• Photo Image/Requirements
1. Photos must be all original and only colored photos will be considered. Black and white or sepia photos will be automatically disqualified.
2. Photos must be in digital JPEG or JPG format, in high-resolution, 25MB maximum file size. (Recommended resolution: 3,000 pixels whether horizontal image or vertical image at 300 dpi.)
3. Photos must not be digitally altered (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panorama, high dynamic range HDR images etc.) and/or enhanced in any way. Only simple cropping, minor adjustments in color, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalents are allowed.
4. Watermarked photos and those that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest will be disqualified.
5. Photos to be submitted must be taken starting on February 14 2020, the official launch of the photo contest.
The criteria for judging will be as follows:
Adherence to theme/content (30%)
Creativity and Originality (25%)
Visual Impact (25%)
Photographic Quality (20%)
Top 3 entries will receive cash prize and certificate of appreciation
1st Prize – 20,000
2nd Prize – 15,000
3rd Prize – 10,000
• Selection of Winners
1. Pre-Screening: Panel of judges from PCC will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that the contestants have complied with the prescribed guidelines and it has no violent content, nudity or obscenity.
2. Winners deliberation: PCC will invite panel of judges from partner-organizations who will then select winners based on the short listed entries on March 20, 2020. The decision of the judges is final and not appealable.
3. Announcement of Winners: Winners will be notified via e-mail. The winning photos will also be showcased in the PCC website (www.pcc.gov.ph) and official Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/PhilippineCarabaoCenter). Awarding ceremonies will be scheduled anytime between March 25-30, 2020 at the PCC National Headquarters and Gene Pool.