Due to very limited number of breeding animals, this service is provided only on a case-to-case basis and on a “first come, first serve” basis subject to availability of animals. Priority is given to interested parties who have funds to purchase and provide the requirements of maintaining the breeding animals. Other means are via the soft loan (Bull Loan and dairy buffalo module under modified “paiwi” and Dairy Buffalo Multiplier Farm schemes).
Assuming animals are available and all requirements are met, coordination and other activities including processing of related documents from the day of receipt of the request to the release of breeding animals can be completed within 10.5 working days.
A. Direct Purchase
An interested individual can directly purchase breeding animals from the PCC Gene Pools, provided these animals are available. The PCC has a standard pricing set for breeding animals, which is subject to change depending on the genetic quality of the breeding stocks and current market prices, as follows:
- 1. All animals/stocks identified for sale shall have Authority to Release (ATR) from PCC National Headquarters upon recommendation of concerned Center Director, National Gene Pool Coordinator and National GIP Coordinator prior to sale.
- 2. Heifers and bulls, riverine buffaloes (BMB, ItMB, IMB, BrMB, AmBuff, PDB), female crossbreds
- 2.1. Minimum price for sale is Php30,000.00.
- 2.2. Additional Php5,000.00 is added to the minimum price for sale for every six (6) months increment in age beyond 17 months up to a maximum of 60 months (5 years).24 months up to a maximum of 60 months (5 years).
- 2.3. Premium is added for dam’s best 305D milk production record equal to or more than 2,000 liters, as follows:
- 2.3.1. 2,000-2,599 li. : Php3,000.00
- 2.3.2. 2,600-3,000 li : Php6,000.00
- 2.3.3. >3,000 li : Php9,000.00
- 2.4. Pregnant heifer minimum price for sale is Php40,000.00. Increase in price due to age and milk production follows the same guideline in items 2.2 and 2.3, respectively.
- 3. Heifers and bulls, Swamp buffaloes
- 3.1. Minimum price for sale (12-17 months) is Php15,000.00.
- 3.2. Additional Php5,000 is added to the minimum price for every six (6) mos. increment in age beyond
17 months up to a maximum of 60 months (5 yrs.)
- 3.3. Pregnant heifer – Php25,000. Increase in price due to age and milk production follows the same guideline in items 2.2 and 2.3, respectively.
- Price may increase due to location i.e., current market price in Luzon is higher than in Visayas and Mindanao
Process Flow of the Release of Breeding Stocks (Direct Purchase)
|STEPS||REQUIREMENTS||RESPONSIBLE OFFICE/PERSON||PROCESSING TIME (No. of Days)|
|1. Request for breeding animal/s||Formal request (letter or resolution) addressed to the Executive Director||Requesting/Interested party||As it comes|
|2. Reply to formal request||Requesting party’s mailing address and contact numbers||Office of the Executive Director||1.5|
|3. Assess request and requesting party||Instruction from the Executive Director||Executive Director Coordinator,
GIP Concerned Coordinators (CBED, NIZ)
|4. Check animal availability and its performance||Appropriate reports from GIP||Coordinator, Animal Movement||0.5|
|5. Determine price of animals||Guidelines for pricing disposal, sale and procurement of water buffaloes||Committee, Animal
|6. Inform requesting party through letter about the price of the animal||Appraisal report on the animal||Coordinator, Animal Movement||0.5|
|7. Letter or phone call from requesting party indicating interest to buy||Requesting party||As it comes|
|8. Follow through the
approval of request
|9. Facilitate accomplishment of pertinent documents needed to effect selling/release of animal/s||Statement of account (SOA)
Official Receipt; Animal Health Certificate; Shipping permit; vaccination certificate
|10. Authorize release of the animal||Duly signed Authority to Release||Executive Director||0.5|
|11. Release/sell the animal||Documents issued/ signed in steps 9 & 10||Coordinator, Animal Movement||0.5|